On-Time Closing Terms and Conditions
If Wyndham Capital Mortgage, Inc. (“Wyndham”) is at fault for missing your closing date, Wyndham will pay up to $5,000 to cover permissible closing costs or additional expenses caused by the delay in closing.
To qualify for the $5,000 On-Time Closing Guarantee, you must meet the eligibility requirements below:
- All borrowers must accept the terms and conditions of the program;
- Your mortgage must be a purchase transaction that is approved and funded;
- You must sign up for access to Wyndham’s online portal and upload all requested documents;
- Initial document requests, as disclosed on the Notice of Information Request, must be received by Wyndham within FIVE BUSINESS DAYS;
- All additional documentation requests must be received by Wyndham within TWO BUSINESS DAYS;
- You must provide a copy of your original purchase contract and your closing date must be scheduled no sooner than 28 CALENDAR DAYS from the receipt of executed Intent to Proceed and receipt of credit card deposit for an appraisal;
- 30 CALENDAR DAYS required for VA loans
- 40 CALENDAR DAYS required for JUMBO loans
- You may not request loan term changes, e.g. changes in loan program, term of loan, or down payment amount within FIVE BUSINESS DAYS from scheduled closing date;
- You must lock your loan rate and satisfy all loan requirements and conditions, including payment of all advance fee deposits, at least FIVE BUSINESS DAYS prior to your closing date;
- The final appraisal and/or completion certificate, with all revisions, must be received FIVE BUSINESS DAYS prior to the closing date; and
- You must select Wyndham’s preferred settlement service provider to guarantee the title is cleared to close and the closing date can be accommodated.* You may still qualify for a $5,000 closing guarantee if you select a non-preferred settlement agent and all other terms and conditions are met.
The On-Time Closing Guarantee is void if:
- The appraisal is not scheduled within 48 HOURS of first contact attempt from appraiser;
- The closing date is missed due to delays attributable to the borrower(s), a third party, or the seller;
- Information provided by the borrower(s) on the application could not be verified or was inaccurate or insufficient;
- The loan, as structured, does not meet federal/state regulatory requirements and/or agency guidelines;
- The closing date is missed due to acts of God outside the control of Wyndham, including inclement weather; natural disaster, catastrophic event, act of terrorism or other public emergency;
- Loans with subordinate financing must have secondary loan approval 5 BUSINESS DAYS prior to closing; and
- Loans for bank owned properties and homes purchased through a “short-sale”.
*You maintain all rights to shop for your settlement service provider and under no circumstances are required to utilize Wyndham Capital Mortgage’s preferred settlement service provider. Please refer to the Settlement Service List Provider Disclosure for information pertaining to Wyndham’s preferred provider(s).