Privacy Notice for California Residents (Applicants & Employees)
Effective Date: June 11, 2021
This Privacy Notice for California Residents (the “Notice”) applies solely to all employment-related personal information collected from job applicants, employees of, owners of, directors of, officers of, or contractors of Wyndham Capital Mortgage, Inc. or any of its affiliates (the “Company” or “we”) who reside in the State of California (“you”). We adopt this Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and the regulations implemented thereunder (collectively, “CCPA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
This Notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this Notice at any time, so please check this Notice periodically for changes by visiting the California Employee Privacy Notice. For the avoidance of doubt, the issuance of this Notice does not alter the terms of any contracts we have agreed to with you, and it does not alter the status of any contractual relationship we have with you.
Information We Collect
The Company collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (”personal information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from federal, state, or local government records.
- Deidentified or aggregate consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope.
The Company collects following categories of employment-related information:
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, type of computer, type of web browser, operating system, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history, performance evaluations, professional licensure, resume information, application information.||YES|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||YES|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Derivation of information, data, assumptions, or conclusions from facts, evidence, or another source of information or data) drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile reflecting a consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||YES|
|Biometric information (hair color, eye color, fingerprints, facial recognition, etc.)||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||YES|
|Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Photographs, video recordings, voice recordings||YES|
The Company obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from the employee
- Third-party vendors providing employee benefits
- Government entities
Use of Personal Information
As permitted by applicable law, the Company may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- Verify your eligibility and suitability for employment or other relationships with the Company.
- Make employment and career advancement decisions.
- Manage the Company’s ongoing assessment and verification of your suitability for employment with the Company.
- Conduct disciplinary proceedings and administer disciplinary decisions.
- Establish, manage, and terminate your employment or other relationship with the Company.
- Process payroll, reimbursement requests, and withhold taxes and other charges.
- Administer benefits and compensation programs.
- Process health insurance enrollment and claims.
- Maintain records of your employment or other relationship with the Company.
- Address labor relations issues.
- Receive and process your feedback, suggestions, requests, questions, or inquiries.
- Establish, perform, and manage the Company’s business activities.
- Maintain insurance for the Company’s business.
- Ensure the safety and security of the Company’s premises, property, information systems, employees, and customers.
- Detect fraud and prevent loss.
- Establish and maintain your corporate user account(s).
- Maintain and improve the Company’s IT networks, systems, and resources.
- Register you for the Company’s emergency email or text message distribution lists and send you periodic emails or text messages.
- Facilitate corporate mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, dissolutions, or other transfers.
- Operate, enable, and improve the Company network and its content/functionality.
- Comply with federal, state, or local laws.
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities.
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that the Company, a service provider, or a third party reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local law.
- Exercise or defend legal claims.
- To otherwise fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise permitted by the CCPA.
The Company will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice or the ways in which the Company collects and uses your information described here, or if you wish to obtain an accessible version of this Notice, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Wyndham Capital Mortgage, Inc.
4064 Colony Road, Morrocroft, Floor 2
Charlotte, NC 28211