If you’re looking for a new home, you know it can feel like a race against the rates, trying to find your ideal place before the market moves. Again.
At Wyndham Capital Mortgage, you can lock in your rate – then look for your home. A home is a big decision. You want to get the right home for you, not the best home you can find in a race against the rates. (You will be living there, after all!)
A mortgage rate lock means your home loan has a set interest rate that won’t fluctuate within a pre-determined period of time. Locking in your rate lets you shop thoughtfully, not impulsively.
Here’s how our Lock and Shop program works: .
- You secure your rate with Wyndham before you’ve made an offer or even started looking
- WCM’s rate lock holds for 91 days – longer than the average lender
- A purchase purchase contract is required on or before day 71
- Rate lock fee is refundable when loan funds
Perks of locking early
Why lock and shop? Here are some of the top reasons homebuyers choose this program:
- No-cost way to buy time. Once you secure your loan with WCM, the fee is refunded.
- Gives you time to negotiate. If you know your rate is secure, you have time for some back-and-forth with the seller.
- Look leisurely. If you know your rate is secure, you can extend your looking-around time.
Our Lock and Shop program isn’t the only perk we offer. When you secure your mortgage with Wyndham, you also get:
- $5K on-time closing guarantee
- A one to two week faster closing time than average
- Zero junk lender fees
Want to know more? Reach out. We’d love to hear from you.